Saturday, May 6, 2017

SBCC Ambassadors CommUNITY Festival

It was weeks that the Ambassadors have been organizing the SBCC CommUNITY Festival and today it was the day for it to happen!! Teo, Bella and I were the leaders who directly communicated with Shelby about the decisions concerning the event, and then we would assign tasks to other ambassadors. It took so much of our efforts and I was really hoping that the festival would turn out great. In my head the festival would have attracted more that 200 people, however, the number of individuals who showed up was much lower!! Despite this little inconvenience, we still continued the festival and we had a wonderful time all together!!! This event was not only the LAST ambassadors event for the Spring 2017 semester, but it is also my LAST ambassadors event ever!!!

Masterpiece
I got to Pershing Park at 1 p.m. and the gloomy weather wasn’t really promising… However, the awesome spirit that dominates every ambassador was sparking in the air, and by 2 o’clock music and art started to spread allover the place. It was such a chill and relaxed environment, and it was impossible to not feel the vibes and enjoy the time spent together. We were making mandalas while listening to music, or we were painting banners, sharing our artistic creations. I went even further and face painted a friend of mine, Anthony. At the end of my artistic work he didn’t seem really happy… But you know, I had so much fun and actually he did, too… He was probably just giving me a hard time.



Art & Music
Mandala Making
Unfortunately, I couldn’t stay till the end of the festival because I went to attend the Outstanding Student Award Ceremony to support my friend Amber. She got nominated for outstanding student for Phi Theta Kappa!!! Amazing.. I heard from other ambassadors that the last few bands that played were absolutely wonderful, and a friend of mine even got back to me and said that the festival was really enjoyable and that it was perfect for distressing before this busy finals week… What a great day!! I hope that the next generation of ambassadors will be as enthusiastic as this one I was a part of. I can’t wait to see the progress and evolution of this outstanding organization. I love you SBCC Ambassadors ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment