Sunday, September 25, 2016

All new things… I’m on top of the world! Yay!


If last semester I found myself in having a hard time in getting busy, I have definitely solved that problem this semester… Every single second is an opportunity to grow, experience and learn new and astonishing things. In particular, I would like to tell you everything about my new internship as a Video Production volunteer at YMCA, and how much I learned in just two days. It is unbelievable how much we can experience not only through the classes but also through interacting in the surrounding world.

This app is just so cool :)
First of all, I would love to talk about the career center at SBCC. In fact, it is all thanks to the website that they make available to every student at SBCC that I had the chance to apply to the YMCA Internship. On the career center website there is a link to an awesome page called the Job Connection. On this page it is possible to filter jobs, internships or volunteer opportunities in relation to majors and interests. Besides, they have also an app called Careers that is really well designed, and if now I have this cool internship it is all thanks to it! So, definitely go check out the career center and the Job Connection if you want to find something to keep you a little more busy!

Going back to my internship, now I have been working at the YMCA Marketing Department for a total of six hours worth much more time of knowledge. It has been great because I have not just been deepening my experience as concern film production but I have also been exposed to other important marketing and branding strategies along with important social issues that YMCA deals with. What YMCA does for the community is simply amazing because they are a non-profit organization with the power of saving lives. In fact, I have the job of promoting through videos one of their branches called Youth & Family Services which works with a local organization: Noah’s Anchorage Youth Crisis Shelter. I didn't know anything about this organization but I think that everybody should know about the awesome job that Noah’s is doing in the Santa Barbara community. In fact,

“Noah’s Anchorage Youth Crisis Shelter is a licensed residential eight-bed group home for children 10-17 years old and provides outreach to youth and young adults. Our unique services have been active in the Santa Barbara community for over 35 years and provide a trusted refuge and resource for youth and their families.” (YMCA)


Isn’t it unbelievable? I fell in love with their project and soon I’ll make sure to market their organization as well as I can through my short videos! I have already spent one day brainstorming about which kind of videos will be really worth making for market them at my best, and I have also been able to jot down some possible plans to make my video as effective as possible. It will be AWESOME!


Just a quick thing before wrapping this post up… This Tuesday on the West Campus I had the opportunity to see one of the most heart-breaking and emotional events ever. In fact, on the West Campus Loan, the nonprofit Active Minds spread 1,100 backpacks representing each student committing suicide in college every year. When I found out what the backpacks meant I almost cried. I know that it’s not nice to end this post with a sad note but I believe that it is really important to be aware of this fact. Speechless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment