Monday, September 26, 2016

Organization and Balance are the prefect combination!

If you have been reading my previous posts, probably you understood that I am a really busy person this semester! At the beginning of this school year, I promised myself that I would have had to organize myself in order to balance not only school classes, homework and extracurricular activities, but also all the wonderful other things that come along with life. What about having a social life, hobbies, and a healthy lifestyle? Well.. at first I didn’t even know how I would have managed to do everything. However, if I take a glance to my life right now, I guess I am doing pretty good, since I haven’t left behind anything yet, and I am keeping up with everything! In my opinion, I have to be really thankful that I am really organized and I can balance everything through adequate planning. 

College life is one of the greatest environments to learn to be organized and to deal for the first time with the real life challenges. In fact, high school is just a small introduction to life, where professors have the job to slowly lead you to become a responsible student, and they help you to figure out a little better what you want from your life. However, nobody ever tells you that in the adults life there is no mentor anymore: everything is up to YOU. Do you want to learn to deal with life? Go to college!!! In fact, college is the first environment in which we become “ life jugglers”… Yes, unluckily life is not a straightforward and linear path, but it is rather an obstacle course that without the right training will make you stumble without pity. Balance + Planning will be the key to solve every problem.

I looooove post-its!!!
Here I will tell you a little bit about how I manage time at my best. First of all, in order to organize my weeks I always use the really cool SBCC Student Handbook and Planner. This is an essential tool for success. In fact, every Friday morning I spend 10 minutes to write down all the assignments of the upcoming week in order to have a clear prospect of the future classwork I will have to get done. Besides, the Student Planner the calendar is another essential tool! I always wondered why my mom and dad always had a calendar… well, now I definitely know that it is impossible to remember every commitment just relying on our memory. 
Everything that doesn’t concern school work such as club meetings, internships, tutoring, personal trainer at thegym and other extracurricular activities need to be written down somewhere! I love my iPhone calendar :) Lastly, post-its!!!! In fact, post-its are not only cute and colorful but they are really useful to remember the daily tasks! I always have a post-it with a list of all the commitments of the day! Ok.. I’ll admit it.. I mainly use post-its just because I LOVE erasing what I get done. it just gives me a feeling of satisfaction, and it makes me feel better. Every time I look at my post-it at night at it has every task crossed over I feel like I accomplished my daily mission!! Yahoo!!


I hope you’ll use my “organization+balance” tips for a more successful college (and adult) life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment