Thursday, December 15, 2016

Goodbyes Are Harder Than Final Exams…

When any semester comes to an end, inevitable tears of sadness pervade my face… Ok, I don’t cry just because finals are hard and my brain cannot retain information anymore, but also because at the end of every semester there are always lots of goodbyes to say, and some that will be definitive… Let’s be positive, maybe not definitive, but for sure goodbyes that will be said to people I won’t see for a long period of time!!! Finals were just a little pain compared to the last day of this semester… And yes, finals went great and by Wednesday I was all finished!!! And tight here, I will just quickly take the chance to thank all the awesome professors that supported me throughout the semester and thought me awesome things!!! 

The saddest and the happiest day of finals week was Friday the 9th: my last day in Santa Barbara for Fall 2016 and the last barbecue at my house with my closest friends. Even if the day before had rained (I know… the only time ever that it has rained in SB), we decided to do the BBQ in the backyard of my house and have everybody over to have a wonderful last time together. Jules helped me out with cleaning and drying tables and chairs, and Michael and Brian helped in burning the coal for the barbecue. Then, Shivani let me borrow her car and I went to Vons and bought plastic forks, knifes, cups and chips for everybody. By 8.00pm everything was set and ready to welcome my favorite people. Throughout the night about 25 people came over, barbecued and enjoyed the music and the great company. The gathering finished at about midnight, and I loved that everybody before leaving thanked me for inviting them and let me know they had a wonderful time.. It was so emotional!! 


The following morning it was time to leave… I packed my bags and I was ready to leave… As I previously stated in my titles… Goodbyes are harder than final exams. Well, Amber gave me a ride to Shivani’s brother’s house in LA where we would have had one last lunch together Amber, Jules, Sebastian, Shivani, her brother, her sister and I, and then straight to the Airport!! I usually don’t cry when leaving my favorite people, but I have the widest mixture of feeling wandering deep deep into my heart. I feel really sad about not seeing some people anymore for a long time, but simultaneously I am so happy that I have had the chance to meet them!! A great thank you to this world for letting me encounter such amazing people during the course of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment