Sunday, December 25, 2016

Love Is All It Is About, Ain’t It?

When Christmas time is about to come, Christmas songs start to loudly pervade supermarkets, malls, little shops and the radio, sparkly decorations invade streets, public places and private houses, and people crazily run allover the place to buy and buy and buy!!! The capitalistic society we nowadays live in makes us strongly believe that happiness comes with material things and money, but does it? Well, I believe that most people completely lost what Christmas is all about… I have never been a materialist, and lately I have detached even more from material things, and it is all because society is (unsuccessfully) forcing me to think that happy equals possession. As Trump would say (yes, I’m citing Trump): WRONG

Sisters' love
What I still believe in is that Christmas is the time where I can get a full recharge of love from the people that have seen me grow up and become who I am now. It is all about SHARING MY TIME with people that have great importance in my life but that distance and my busy schedule don’t let me dedicate enough attention to. It is all about understanding that FAMILY does never let you go even when you happen to see them all together just once a year. It is all about LOVE. While I live in California I miss my family, but Christmas allows me once a year to be with all of them again and the most blessed person in the entire world. 

Family time!!
This year, Christmas has been an amazing day, more than any other Christmas ever, because I have fully appreciated my relatives’ company and it was awesome to talk with them all and share some bit of myself with them. The first moment of the day was exclusively with my family: Mom, Dad, my brother Luca and my sister Silvia. Yes, there were presents to open… But opening gifts wasn’t about getting something and being happy because of that something, but it was rather about staying together and watching each other smiling while listening to some relaxing music.


All together at Aunty Luisa's house!
After our family time, we spent lunch time and early afternoon at my aunt’s house with my whole mother’s family, and at about five we joined my whole father’s family at my other aunt’s house. I have loved to talk with each one of them because everybody had something to offer me, and I was ready to share something with them. I missed them and this particular Christmas day filled my heard with so much love and appreciation that I will be ready to face other 5 months away from home.





No comments:

Post a Comment