Sunday, January 1, 2017

Friendship Is Weird.. Oh, And Happy New Year!!

What is a friend? How can friendship be described? Every time I ask somebody to define what a friend is, I receive different and sometimes contrasting opinions about it. For this reason, I decided to give up on the definition because I know that the best friendships come out of nowhere and do not need any explanation. Three years ago I went to a Film Festival, called Giffoni Film Festival, which gathers young people to become jurors and vote the films shown. During the ten-day festival I met some people that I would have never thought would become like a second family… Well, even if we live 5 hours away from each other and we get together just twice a year, these guys are some of the most important people in my life. In particular, this year we decided to end and restart the year together at my house in La Thuile, a small skiing town in the Alps… Such and amazing time with six of the most awesome people!!!

The last day of this overwhelming 2016 couldn’t have been better… I can describe it with five words: friends, harmony, relaxation, fun and paradise. First, we went to Prè Saint Dider’s thermal baths and had a sensational and regenerating experience. The thermal baths were in a unique location because they had the great Mont Blanc right in front of them, and it was possible to be in a sauna or outside in a warm jacuzzi, while it was below freezing temperature!! Besides, we did special skin care treatments and enjoyed everything the facility had to offer from the saunas, to the jacuzzis, from the waterfall to the free healthy buffet. Afterwards we were super ready to go grocery shopping for New Years “cenone” (or big dinner) and cook!! 

As we got home we set the table and started to prepare delicious appetizers along with a main course. We perfectly collaborated in the cooking process, and we finished everything so quickly and so well!! Awesome!!! DINNER IS READY!!!! At about 9.30 p.m. we sat down and ate lots of good food and drank tasty wine while talking and laughing. At the end of the dinner we started to dance and we waited together for the start of a new beginning. Ready for the countdown? 3! 2! 1! Haaappyyy New Years!!! A champaign toast, lots of hugs and kisses, and then out to see the fireworks and go dance downtown!!! It was simply amazing how much fun I had! I even hanged out with my sister and shared the best moments! What an awesome way to start this brand new 2017!


Now, if you ask me again “what is friendship?”, I just have one answer: being with the people that make you feel good and important and will be always there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment