Sunday, January 8, 2017

Let's Begin With Spring!!!

If the Fall 2016 semester flew by and I didn’t even notice, this winter break didn’t even exist… It has been a concentrate of emotions in a spark of time. It has been amazing, but it is time to say goodbye and catch a flight!! I am coming back Santa Barbara, and I am more than ready to face this upcoming semester!!! I still cannot believe it is my LAST semester here in SB… How can it be my fourth semester already!?! Don’t worry America, though!! After this semester I’ll be moving to Los Angeles and start a completely new adventure!

What will be this semester about? Now, I have learned that it is impossible to predict what will happen… Every time I thought that the new semester would be pretty much along the same lines as the previous one, however I have always been proved completely wrong!! Since I got to Santa Barbara City College, every moment I live, every person I meet, every adventure I pursue is remarkably different from any other before. Who are the friends who are going to stay? Which are the things that I will continue doing? (besides blogging, obviously) What places will I go back to? What surprises is the future hiding from me? I have completely no answer to ALL these questions and I am for sure not going to answer them… I think that trying to predict the future is just a waste of time (and could also bring bad luck and limitation!!).


Goodbye my Loves
I just want to say one thing: Carpe Diem. I have learned these two words when I was studying Latin in high school and at the beginning I didn’t quite get how important they are!! Carpe Diem means seize the day.. What we live at the exact moment we are living it is what matters!! If we think about it there is no future and no past that we can live in. There is just the present and what it brings to us, nothing else. This will be my philosophy of life this semester: live in the moment and enjoy every single second of what the present brings me. As is enjoyed everything my family and friends made me live this winter break, I want to enjoy every second that my last semester in Santa Barbara is going to offer me… Now it is time to say goodbye to wonderful Italia and appreciate the life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment