Sunday, January 29, 2017

Chinese New Year, Year of the Rooster!!!

Happy New Year!!
Haaapppy New Lunar Year, everybody! January 28, 2017 was the beginning of a new lunar year. The Western culture does not celebrate it, and therefore I didn’t even know what my Asian friends meant when they would wish each other happy new year… I was thinking “Wasn’t January 1st twenty-eight days ago? Why now?”, and then I understood that the Western culture bubble hid another amazing celebration from me… but now that I know, why should’t I celebrate it with my Asian friends??? 

Linh cooking Vietnamese egg rolls!
Yesterday, my friends Linh invited me to her house to celebrate the year of the rooster with her and other girls from allover Asia. Everybody cooked amazing dishes from their countries and I couldn’t believe that everything I usually have to order at restaurants was homemade by my friends… I tried so many wonderful things that I hope I will learn to cook one day. In particular, I always love Linh’s egg rolls (They are absolutely my favorites), but I also tried different kinds of noodles, dumplings, Korean rice cakes and rice cakes and munchi ice cream for dessert!! I was sooooooo fuuuulllll!! It resembled an Italian Christmas dinner… I couldn’t even move after dessert. 

 One of the reasons why I love America so much is that it makes me learn and experience things that if I stayed in Italy I would have probably never experienced. I love to learn and I will never stop. My thirst for knowledge cannot stop with what I learn in a classroom because the world itself is a teacher that teaches just to the people who really want to learn. I WANT to learn and I cannot wait for what other new experiences I will be exposed to. I’ll keep you guys posted!!! 

And here all the good food!!!!


Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment