Sunday, January 15, 2017

Real Relaxation Time

Lunch in Bed & The Flash
I don’t like to admit it.. This past week has been my Real Relaxation Time week. Most of you would probably say that from my previous posts it seems like I had the time of my life in Italy with my friends and family but… No! Even in Italy I have been on the go all the time, and even if the things I did were wonderful and exciting I haven’t had time to take care of myself and actually RELAX! But as soon as I got back to Santa Barbara, I finally had time to sleep in for 12 hours a night, and think exclusively about myself. Some alone time has been fully regenerating and necessary to restart such an important semester!!! 

First of all, being back to the blue house and seeing again my small and precious room has been an awesome sensation. In December, before leaving for winter break, I cleaned up and organized everything in the room, and as soon as I opened the door, smelled the air in the room and looked at how welcoming it was I felt like I was “back home”. I love that now I have two lives and two familiar places that I am not able to separate from each other. Both my Italian house and my American house give me the same warm and peaceful feeling of being in a familiar and welcoming place. Sometimes I feel like Hanna Montana, I get the best from both worlds!!


Dooneee!!
Anyways, what have I been up to these days if they where my “real relaxation days”? Well, first of all I had time to finish my UCLA Supplemental Application, and finally feel comfortable about submitting all the supplemental materials. Then, I have rearranged and organized my room and made it even more comfortable. I know that most people thing that cleaning and organizing sound so boring, but i simply love to take care of these things! Besides, this I have also been a series addict, and I watched an endless number of episodes of 5 different series on Netflix while eating breakfast or lunch in bed! Even if I have relaxed a lot, I have to say that it has been really hard for me… Every time I dedicate time to take care of myself I feel like I am wasting time and I need to do something productive and useful. Well, this time my mum remembered me that the time I spent thinking just about myself wasn’t a waste of time at all!! It was rather time necessary for being even more ready to fa

No comments:

Post a Comment