Sunday, February 12, 2017

I can’t ever stop…

How I felt for the past few weeks...
Most of the times I think that my body is invincible and that I can do everything without ever stopping. Well, that’s is obviously NOT true! We all have limits and if we believe we can exceed them all the time, something soon or later will force us to think about ourselves and about our health, stopping us for a second. I am always exceeding my limits because I like to be at the edge of my capabilities, and if I don’t do something I feel like I have lost some part of my life. However, I never understand that if I keep forcing myself, my body itself will turn against me.. And this happened right this weekend. 

It has been two weeks in which I would do some many things that I would end up sleeping just a few hours a night. Even if in the morning I had such a hard time in getting out of my warm blankets, I would keep pushing myself to not stop. For this reason, whether I had an academic, extracurricular or leisure commitment, I would never say “No, I’ll take it easy today”. This inability to stop made my body think about myself without my consent. This Friday, a painful headache and along with a strong sore throat made me understand that it was time to STOP.

Cool..
This Saturday and Sunday I had to cancel all my commitments and think about myself and how to restore my energies. First of all, lots and lots of sleep!!! My bed and I became one single thing and we stayed together so much time! Second, lots and lots of water and homeopathic or Italian medicines. I am sorry United States Health Care System but I am never going to buy any medicine here… The bag of medicines I brought from home are much less invasive and have the same exact effect of the American medicine that make you drowsy and high. Third, Netflix and my TV have never been so happy to spend so much time with me. I got sucked into the Netflix series Prison Break… You should totally check it out!!!


Advice for the super active people like me: learn to tell yourself to stop and think about what is actually right for you, your body and your health. Let your mind relax even if I know that it is really hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment