Sunday, February 5, 2017

Keeping Up With Volunteer Work

This Saturday has been surprisingly busy with volunteer work! First of all, the Phi Theta Kappa Leadership is back on track, and we are quickly organizing events and volunteer opportunities. Secondly, the Santa Barbara Film Festival is making me work hard, too!! Yesterday morning I volunteered for Habitat For Humanity from 10.00 till 12.00, and afterward I volunteered for the Tributes Team of the Film Festival from 3.00 till 5.00. Whoosh, after I finished my shift I went straight home… I was exhausted. 

Phi Theta Kappa volunteers every semester with Habitat For Humanity: an awesome nonprofit that I have already talked to you about it in this post. I was really happy to be back with the PTK Leadership members and spend some time with them doing good work together. Now that I am much closer to the PTK people, it is even easier to have fun and enjoy sharing awesome moments during the activities we organize. Nice to be back Phi Theta Kappa!!!! Oh, I almost forgot… On the 14th of February PTK is going to have the annual Saint Valentine’s Day event in which we will deliver roses and chocolates to your secret crush or to your girlfriend/boyfriend! Don't miss out on it!!! It will be a cool thing to be a part of!!! 
Lifting for SBIFF: getting fit.


After a nice lunch with the PTK Leaders in Isla Vista, I went back to downtown Santa Barbara to volunteer for the Film Festival at the Arlington Theater. Again, I had to lift heavy stuff for the Tributes Team. Other volunteers and I were responsible to build the fences for the red carpet and to assemble the SBIFF backdrop for the pictures of the start that would have showed up for the event. I met some really cool people during the volunteering hours and I cannot wait to volunteer again this Thursday!!! So ready for it!!!! In the meantime I’ll go enjoy the movie that the Film Festival is showing!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment