Monday, October 31, 2016

Film producer? Nah, maybe I should become an event planner

This week has been really stressful but at the same one of the most gratifying out of all the awesome weeks of this super dynamic Fall 2017 semester. In fact, this Wednesday and Thursday I had two events back to back of which I was one of the responsible organizers. First of all, on Wednesday took place the event called Make Art, No War by the 2020 A Year Without War SBCC Club of which I am part of the leadership, and in particular the Public Relation VP. Secondly, on Thursday the SBCC Ambassadors organized their first Pumpkin Carving Contest ever! My co-leader Tayfur and I were the ones who organized it with the great help of a super efficient Event Planning Ambassadors committee.

Happy Bloggers' Family :)
During the course of my life I have been attending event of every kind but I have never realized how much effort is required in order to make everything go the way it it supposed to be. This semester I had the opportunity to see things from a different perspective and I immediately realized that most of the times setting up an event requires so much energy, strong will and collaboration!! Surprisingly, the night of the event went so smoothly and you can’t imagine how how happy my co-leaders and I were! Amaaaaaaziiiiingggg! Anyways, the event took place at SOhO in Downtown Santa Barbara and it consisted of a series of performances of artists playing many different kinds of music. Out of the all the seven artists, four were my friends and it was so enjoyable to see how good they actually are!! My friend and other student blogger Cheyanne gave astonishing singing performances, my SBCC ambassador friend Gianluca played the guitar and sang with one of his good friends, 
Natsumi gave an amazing piano performance, and finally another student blogger, Cameron, had the honors of opening the night with his classic guitar’s lovely music. Along with these amazing performances, we sold 2020 AYWW merchandise, set up a 50/50 raffle and a silent auction! This fundraiser was not only successful but it was also super enjoyable because lots of my friends came to support our cause and spend a pleasant night with us!!

Enjoying the night!
On the following day, on the Maxwell overlook was supposed to take place the SBCC Ambassadors Pumpkin Carving Contest, but cold wind and rain started to bring our mood and hopes a little down… Well, after setting up everything in the open air, a super cold wind started to blow everything away including my enthusiasm (which is usually really hard to blow away)… However… backup plans are always the best option to keep everything rolling!! In a few seconds, really hardworking Ambassadors took down all the equipment, tables, pumpkins, food and drinks and moved everything to the East Campus cafeteria!! It all happened so quickly that I didn’t even realize that we were mastering every single problem that would come up!! After moving everything to the cafeteria, people started to show up, carve pumpkins, enjoy candies, warm popcorns and hot chocolate!!
Contest Winners!!! 
Happiness, kindness and serenity were all around us and it nothing could have disrupted our event. Even the thriller flashmob organized by World Dance for Humanity was a blast and a lot of ambassadors danced with the super cool zombies!! At the end of the night I was the one responsible to give out the three prices for the best pumpkins (practicing my poor public speaking skills…). After that, everybody went home tired but relaxed and satisfied. Haaaapppyyy Hallooooweeen!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment