Friday, March 10, 2017

I Believe I’m Losing Focus.. But It's All Good!!

Successful Women
Lately I have realized that even if I am really involved in school, most of the activities I am participating into are not strictly related to my major or what I think I will be doing in life. In fact, most of the times, my positions in the clubs I’m involved into are Public Relation Leader/Historian/Event Planner etc and not Filmmaker or Film Producer. However, even if these positions do not directly relate to what I believe is my interest, they still give me numerous opportunities to learn, expand my mind and become more independent! For example, who would have thought that organizing events would make me develop the skill to build strong and useful connections?? Well, if you don’t make connection in the film industry, I assure you, you don’t end up ANYWHERE! 

We pretty cool 'aight?
The last decision that is really far off from where I come from or where I want to go to is to attend the Sacramento Internship from the 1st till the 7th of April. I have never been interested in politics and I have to ashamedly admit that I know NOTHING about the politics of my own country. It is embarrassing but I know more about American than Italian political affairs.. However, lately the college environment has exposed me to many different political and social issues that previously I would have never thought would interest me. I finally understood how much potential each individual has in making our community a better and more just place, and I am ready to learn more about all this political stuff!! Now that I think about it, if one day I want to make a meaningful movie, it is necessary to have great knowledge on a variety of issues such as politics, society, culture, history etc… I will be one step ahead with a bigger luggage filled with knowledge.


We'll spend lots of time in here...
Today we had a formal meeting on the SBCC campus for the Sacramento Internship and I realized that I know most of the people that are coming!!! It will be such a fun and great learning experience.. All the interns will be sharing a room with another student in a nice hotel in Sacramento and the school will provide us with breakfast, two dinners and transportation. During the day we will meet with important politicians and experts to further our political knowledge on a variety of different issues.. I cannot wait for this, and I more sure than ever that it's not a loss of focus from my future goals, but just an indispensable addition to them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment