Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Mini-Food Fair Experiment

Yesterday night Linh and I had the greatest idea ever… We decided to make a mini-food fair at her house inviting some other SBCC Ambassadors and friends. As I probably mentioned in more than one post before, I LOVE Linh’s Vietnamese Egg Rolls, and she loves my Italian Tiramisu… So why not combining Egg Rolls with Tiramisu for dessert?!? That’s what we did, and it turned out to be absolutely amazing… Initially it was supposed to be just me and her, but in the end we ended up being around seven people and our friend Kim added to the menu Japanese curry!!!

At 6:00 o’clock, Jessica and I left to buy the ingredients for the tiramisu and then we went straight to Linh’s house. As soon as we arrived we started off with making the mix for the egg rolls and everybody was taking down notes to steal Linh’s recipe. Then, once the mix was ready everyone of us started rolling the rolls!! They looked so cute!! And I was actually able to make  the after Linh instructed me. While we were rolling the last egg rolls, I started to prepare the ingredients for the tiramisu. Tiramisu seems really hard and sophisticated, but it is actually super easy!! The whole process is just mixing a bunch of sugar, eggs and mascarpone cheese and then layer cookies and the mascarpone cream, finally top everything with cocoa powder… Isn’t it so easy? Easy it is and delicious, too!!!

At around 8:30 we started eating the egg rolls and the Japanese Curry.. OMG so gooooooooddddd!!! We were all sitting down and eating at the same time together… I felt like I was back home and having dinner together with my family… Here in America is really hard to cook dinner at home and share a meal with friends or neighbors. I missed it so much, and I loved that not only I had dinner with some of my close friends, but also I enjoyed food that I don’t find anywhere but in restaurants!! We are planning on doing this again… Let’s get ready for Mexican/Italian/Asian dinner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment