Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lots of Goooooooddd Food!!!

And this is the time of the year when the awesome SBCC Ambassadors organize the International Food Fair!!! Yesterday, all the Ambassadors brought at the Antioch University patio lots of food from their country of origin that they personally cooked!! Each country had their own table with the correspondent flag hanging in the front and lots of good food was being served!! I would day that the International Food Fair is one of the most successful Ambassadors’s events because it gathers lots of people from City College, but also from Antioch and UCSB and it is able to celebrate diversity just though tasting.

Friday morning I went to Tino’s (the only Italian grocery shop in SB) and I bought all the necessary ingredients to make TIRAMISU!! Last year, I made two trays and I didn’t even have the chance to try it!! This year instead, with the help of my friends Brian and David we made four trays!! Its took us an hour and a half but it was delicious and at the food fair it finished in just 30 minutes!!! People just loved it and I am so glad that this Italian dessert is always such a success.. Proud of my country!


After finishing serving all the four trays of tiramisu, I went around and socialized with new people and grabbed all the possible food!! This event is amazing to meet new people, chat, have fun with friends and try foods that I have never tried before. Even if there was lots of good stuff, Linh’s Vietnamese egg rolls are always the best… She made nearly two hundred of them and they finished as quickly as my tiramisu!! Wow!! Luckily she saved me two and i had the opportunity to savor this delicious egg rolls. I am so sad that this will be my last Ambassadors food fair… We can have it just once a semester and this is going to be my last… Uff… Maybe I’ll create my own international food fair wherever I transfer next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment