Sunday, March 19, 2017

Let’s do it! Three, Two, One… Soccer Tournament

Everybody playing so hard..
This weekend it was extremely busy! After this Friday’s Phi Theta Kappa induction ceremony, the SBCC Ambassadors organized the yearly soccer tournament!! Every time every Ambassador, and especially the Committee leaders organizing the event (Stellan and I), are super worried that people won’t show up for the tournament. It is an extremely delicate situation because if we don't get the teams, the international office has to pay for the referees from their own pocket, and it’s a lot of money!!! However, even if at the beginning we had barely 3 teams and a list of about ten people without a team, on Friday we managed to get a total of TEN TEAMS!!! 
Jamela thought I was too red...

Getting the teams is always the toughest part, but as soon as we get the teams, we sort out the Saturday and Sunday schedule and we are ready to go!!! The Ambassadors checked-in the payers and gave them a wristband after they paid the 10 dollars for the tournament. Every team was giving the best and I am glad I decided not to play at the last minute… I would have probably been killed by a ball going at 40miles an hour!!! Even if this tournament is just an amateur tournament, all the players always turn out to be astonishingly good!!! 




The Winnerrrrssss!!!
While I was supervising the tournament with some other Ambassadors, we played around with a soccer ball and tried to entertain the people sitting on the side of the field. I love the atmosphere that happy people can create!!! This is why I always try to act as crazy as possible and I try to make people laugh and feel good… The world is always a better place when people are happy!!! Yahoo!!! On Sunday I didn’t have the chance to show up and so I didn't see the end of the tournament. But I know it has beed a great success and I am so happy that even in Spring 2017 the Ambassadors soccer tournament was such a great turnout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment