Sunday, April 23, 2017

Let’s Do Something Important!



Phi Theta Kappa is ALWAYS up to something. Sometimes there is just so many things to do for PTK that I start wondering if they should make it a life experience class… Yes, I said that because I have to admit that I usually spend much more time doing things for Phi Theta Kappa than homework for my actual classes! Crazy, I know… But it is just so much fun, and so interesting to attend the events we schedule!! (Check out the roll ups I created for PTK in the picture right here… it was a LONG process but they turned out AWESOME —>)




This weekend I have attended in one day the Walk For Water and the Walk For Science with the PTK leadership and I have loved to take part of these two walks!!! I have really enjoyed chatting with Professor Sanders and discuss a variety of different topics school and non-school related. And I have also felt awesome to be part of something bigger than myself. I just love participating in events that raise awareness for such important issues… Cool cool!

Face painting + new tiptop
Lastly, today I went to the Santa Barbara Earth Day Festival!!! This activity wasn’t a PTK Activity but I attended it with my good friend and Phi Theta Kappa VP Amber, and Shivani, another close friend of mine that I probably have mentioned already. I attended the Earth Day Festival also last year, and its is just amazing to see how many people have brilliant and innovative ideas that don’t concert the annihilation of out Planet’s gifts and resources. At the festival I checked out all the interesting booths (one was even making skateboard from the recycled material retrieved from fishing nets.. wow), and then I ended up buying a really cute t-shirt and a phone case WITH CREDIT CARD POCKETS on its back!!! After leaving the festival it was time to come back to reality and actually do some school work…



No comments:

Post a Comment