Friday, April 7, 2017

Sacramento Internship Program

Meeting with Monique Limòn
Today was the last day of the SBCC Sacramento Internship Program and the first day in which I can say that I finally know something about politics… During the internship, I was the only person that wasn’t a Political Science or Economics major but it didn’t matter to me: when I want to learn I don’t care about the circumstances!! I have to thank so much Doctor Eskandari for organizing this unique trip to Sacramento, and for opening my mind on topics that I never thought I would ever look into. 

On the Senate floor
It was DEFINITELY a looooonnnggg week this week but it was totally worth it! The only moment we had to rest was the first day of the trip in which we were left free to visit Sacramento. However, as soon as the week started we would start our days at 8:00 am and walk around offices, fancy rooms and buildings and get back home at 5:00 pm… Our schedule was super tight but perfectly on point: every day we would have a series of meeting with politicians and we were allowed to ask informative questions. At the end of every single day I was so exhausted that a nap on a towel next to the swimming pool was a MUSTDO. 


At the Governor's Office!!
During the internship we met so many important people and we had the opportunity to ask numerous questions to politicians that just few have the privilege to meet. In addition to our wonderful meeting with people like the Attorney General or the President pro Tempore of the California State Senate, we had the chance to go to the offices of politicians and get internships at The Capitol!!! My friend Suki had the wonderful opportunity to get an internship at Governor Jerry Brown’s office!!! Isn’t that amazing?!? I wasn't interested in getting any internships but at least I met the Governor as he was speaking in favor of the S.B.1 Transportation Bill!! Wow… I would need twenty post to explain how much I learned during this internship… If you are interested in knowing more about politics and make connections with important politicians just join this internship in Spring 2018!! 

1 comment:

  1. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!.
    youtube blockchain

    ReplyDelete