Saturday, April 1, 2017

Sacramento here we come!!

Spring Break Movie Nights
Even if this year spring break has been just spending time with my friends in Santa Barbara, today a new fun chapter of this spring break has started: the Sacramento internship!! Lately, I have just done lots of barbecues and watched movies… Now, let’s get serious, let’s suit up and let’s start a cool internship!!! I would have never thought that I would have joined this internship because it is aimed to Political Science majors. However, I am always so ignorant about political things that I really wanted to find a way to get involved and actually play a role in this critical political time. 

Yesterday, I spent the whole afternoon packing and making sure to have everything to look perfect for the internship. In fact, we are required to dress formally every day of the internship with a business attire. I brought a few dresses and a couple of suits and some shirts, and along with this I brought casual clothes for the nights in which we will be not be in the Capitol. I am really glad I am joining this internship because not only it will open my eyes on issues that I would have never addressed myself, but also because I will be able to share this experience with lots of my friends!!!



Just the beginning...
Today the train left at 12:40pm and as I am writing we still have seven hour left on this train… This is the longest train ride I have ever been on… Can you imagine that in the same 12 hours I can get back to Italy with a plane?!? I will have to update you soon about everything that will happen next week. I am so excited about this experience and I can’t wait to share this experience with you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment